Friday, September 10, 2010

Amazing discovery at the grocery store...

Ok soooo... I normally TRY this kind of stuff and either spit it out or manage to choke it down and regret it later due to a nasty after taste... BUT (and thats a big but), I discovered the most amazing pasta substitute today! It is made of tofu and measures in at 20 calories a serving!! I looked at the bag and thought... well... this looks kind of gross, but how bad can it be covered in pesto, marinara, or an alfredo with reasonable calories...

I came home, made my pasta and tossed it with alfredo, basil, roma tomatoes, and 1 slice of crumbeled bacon for extra flavor (and bacon is good on everything- I mean who is kidding who).

So I ended up with an entire plate of pasta (2 servings of the tofu noodles- i.e. 1 bag) doused in delish ingredients and the total calorie count was 190!! That was with a little parmesan sprinkled on the top!


SO if anyone is watching their figure, but not wanting to eat like they aren't- I highly recommend these!! I also think they would be even better in a stir fry!

6 comments:

The Kung Faux said...

Check out Hungry Girl Cookbook, it has a bunch of recipes using those noodles. And the whole thing is about better-for-you substitutes for some of your favorite fatty meals. For real, all of the ones I've tried were cray-cray delicious :)

Dree said...

Yum! Thanks for the tip- I always need new dinner ideas!

Pearls and Pears said...

Thanks Bater! I am going to check out that cook book!! I also bought gluten free tapioca bread... not nearly as delicious! YUCK!!!

I take it you are going to the CU/CAL game this weekend!?? Go buffs lady pants...

And Dree you are welcome!! :)

BloodRedRoses said...

This is amazing!

I will be looking for these next time I'm in the grocery store. Great find.

BloodRedRoses said...

This is amazing!

I will be looking for these next time I'm in the grocery store. Great find.

Taylor said...

I admire your bravery in trying new things! Me, I have the same dinner basically every night (with a little twist here and there). I am sort of apprehensive when it comes to tofu but only because I have never tried it - I need to be more openminded about these things! But 20 cals/serving is so good - that is actually ridiculously good! Enjoy it!