Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The SISTER


It has been brought to my attention by a good friend how lucky I am to have my sister Molly (not that I didn't already know how amazingly lucky I am... its just pretty fabulous when other people recognize it too). I don't know what everyone else's sibling situation is, but there is something about having just one sister that is truly special. She is 7 years younger than me and so I feel that there is a funny dynamic between the two of us. I get CRAZY over protective of her whether she likes it or not - and she 90% of the time hates it. :) She also gets VERY defensive over me. However I think that she is probably a bit more rational about it and less "mother bear".

I also think that when it comes to advice, I am far more likely to take advice from her that she take it from me. You would think it would be the other way around. I think that age or not - getting the perspective from someone who is that close to you, but slightly removed from the situation is very valuable... and again... I get too protective of her when she comes to me. The words "now Molly! be careful!!" are probably among the things she hates hearing the most! But what can you do? That also might have something to do with the fact that since she could talk she has been saying "i do it myself" or some more adult variation.

Anyway... this little red headed spark plug was in for the weekend and is now back at Cal Poly studying Ag business and Equine sciences. She spends her time riding horses in the Southern/Central California Wine Country... ROUGH LIFE!!

No comments: