Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Part 3: New York City

(My mom and I at the top of the GE building "the Rock")

Last February we went to the NYIGF (New York International Gift Fair) in Manhattan. It was the first time I had EVER been to New York!! TALK ABOUT HEAVEN! 10 days at the Waldorf Astoria working among top designers and magazine editors not to mention all the sample sales!! Sight seeing, going to broadway shows, Serendipity, the Plaza, 21 Club, Dean and Deluca, a quick stop at the Today show... the list goes on!!
I HEART NYC is a mass understatement!!
(The Chandelier at Serendipity...LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!)
We have just decided that we will be going back in the August... I am beyond excited to get to experience the city in the summer time. This time around my sister Molly will be joining my mom and I along with 2 other mother daughter pairs, Cookie and Caroline Lafferty, and also Connie and Emory Wonham! Looking forward to spending some serious summertime in NYC... and probably spending some serious cash on 5th Avenue as well. When in Rome!
Here are some more photos from the trip...
At the Today Show! Which is actually the EASIEST way to get on TV... you don't have to go early or anything. We watched the first hour from our hotel room at the Waldorf, grabbed coffee, and walked right into the fenced in area at around 8:30AM
At the amazing 21 club!! We met the man who founded the Javits Center. If I can be 100% honest... he was actually quite full of himself and a bit of a jerk. I guess you can be when you are that big of a deal!
The view of the Chrysler building from the balcony off of our hotel room at the Waldorf Astoria. Actually UNREAL!! Again... I was wishing it was summer. You cant tell, but the balcony was HUGE... probably 30x40 and then this was around the corner of the building. You shared it with 3 other rooms that could all be connected. Imagine renting all 3 in the summer with your best girlfriends when they put out chaise lounges and serve you breakfast here in the morning!
Proof that we worked! Taking orders during the Gift Show! One of our most successful business trips for sure! :)


So clearly this re-capping thing is taking longer than I anticipated... Next up It will be the California road trip to see Miss Molly from March! San Francisco, Carmel, and San Louis Obisbo! Thanks for reading!!

No comments: