Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What a moron...

This idiot from Fox TV in Eugene has been trying to sell me commercials for 2 weeks... He managed to get a meeting with me because he called one morning before I had my coffee. I hung up the phone and immediately thought "What the hell did you just do?? Now you are never going to get rid of him".

So today was the meeting and in my Zen of creating new displays and photographing our products for the fall line I remembered he was coming in. UGH! I called him to cancel because I figured if I was trying to sell something and I would rather get a call canceling the meeting rather than waste my time coming to a meeting that was only going to result in a big fat NO!

When I called to tell him that commercials "just weren't our thing"... he responded "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that not making buckets of money and continuing to not reach people in mass quantities was your THING". I hung up on him. Someone needs to work on their people skills...
A word to the wise for all of you who are in sales... you catch more bees with honey...



No comments: