Tuesday, November 9, 2010

dream car... and a random fact about my family!

I am hoping one day to get a gem like this one AND in honor of one of my favorite movies - The Life Aquatic...

I would naturally name it...
"The Belafonte"
WITH a personalized name plate reading "BEL FON"

I know that seems odd to a lot of you however something you must know about my family... A funny quirk if you will- we name ALL of our cars. No joke... on my parent's first date, my mom complimented my dad on his car. His response was "yeah... thats Vinnie the Volvo" SO WEIRD. 

Right now I drive "Ginger" the 07 ford escape, My sister drives "Gladys" the 1999 Land Rover Discovery, my mom drives "Martha" the 2006 Lexus SUV, and My dad drives "The bullet" a 2005 Ford Explorer. 

Anyway... yeah. thats my family! :)

And of course if you havent ever seen The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou... add it to the netflix list...

"Let me tell you about my boat..." 

5 comments:

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Love this car!! Especially the color. :) And I totally name my things too...my camera got its own name too. And my car had a name too...Rusty! ;) Don't have one anymore so no name to think of so far. This may change soon.

Unknown said...

I love that everyone names their vehicles! I have a friend that does the same thing -- her car is Penny the Prius =)

Renata said...

The camp I worked at had Fidel the Astro, Fern, Turq, Huey, Gus the Bus, and a few more :) love it!

Unknown said...

I've had Yota, the Corolla, The James who was a Jimmy, Cam the Camry, now I have Fernando, the Legacy...I name everything!

Pearls and Pears said...

I love it! The car I had before "Ginger" was a white 1998 Jeep Cherokee that I named Carmella Soprano because it was REALLY tempermental.