Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Seattle Trip!

Last weekend I ventured to Seattle for the Seattle Home Decor and Gift Show and for a merchandising seminar. I really did not know what I was going to get out of the seminar... often times they arent what you think they are and you don't learn as much as you had hoped. This was NOT the case!


The Seminar was given by Alec Puskas who was the head of merchandising for Nordstrom for 10 years and the founder of a merchandising and interior design firm out of seattle called Visionart. The best part of the seminar was that there were only 12 of us!! We all got to pick his brain about how he does things... it was beyond cool!

Without going into an entire essay on how brilliant this man is let me just show you some of his work...


The Bravern, Bellevue Washington


Christmas Decorations for the Space Needle and City of Seattle, WA


Lulu Yang, The Fairmont Seattle


Trophy Cupcakes, Bellevue WA


Christmas Decorations, Bravern


The Nordstrom Corporate Rally, Seattle WA

The man is amazing... I came home so inspired it was nuts! I completely ripped apart my shop and re merchandised it when I got home! 

OK... enough about the seminar... I could go on and on!

I stayed at the Alexis while in seattle... one of my favorite hotels, I highly recommend it!!


Love their headboards!


While I was only in seattle for 24 hours I was able to meet up with my friend Emily and samples some yummy treats while in Seattle!


Happy Hour at Nijo Sushi and Grill! Lychee Martini, 
Dancing Shrimp, and vegetable croquettes!


Those jokesters at pike place!



Went to Lowell's! Don't be fooled by Sleepless in Seattle... The Athenian is not even close to being as delicious as Lowell's! 



Le Panier... Why do you do this to me every time?? 
I cant say no to those delicious macaroons!

SOO... that was my trip!! It was a quick one but a good one... 

I hope you are all having a marvelous memorial day weekend!!!


9 comments:

LPC said...

Those windows are wonderful!

Madeline said...

This looks like so much fun! I love Seattle and visit all the time because my aunt lives there. The cookies look divine!

I'm Jenn said...

I love this and love Seattle! I just stumbled across your blog and absolutely love it! I'm from Oregon too :) hope you'll come check out my blog and stay a while! I'm now following you :) xo

Bridget said...

I'm loving the pictures! Alec Puskas' work is amazingly gorgeous! What a great eye he has for putting things together! :)

And I love the sign that is on the veggie display. Hilarious.

Holly said...

Your blog is so cute, thanks for following me!

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet, nike air max uk, hogan outlet, hollister uk, lululemon canada, nike roshe run uk, north face uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike blazer pas cher, uggs outlet, north face, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, ray ban uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, mulberry uk, nike air force, coach purses, kate spade, coach outlet store online, hollister pas cher, replica handbags, converse pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, nike tn, michael kors outlet, guess pas cher, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, michael kors, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, coach outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, oakley pas cher, nike free uk, true religion outlet, new balance, polo lacoste

oakleyses said...

converse outlet, herve leger, hollister clothing, lululemon, valentino shoes, oakley, vans, nike air max, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, mont blanc pens, wedding dresses, vans outlet, celine handbags, nike huaraches, north face outlet, insanity workout, ray ban, mcm handbags, baseball bats, hollister, instyler, p90x workout, ghd hair, nike trainers uk, chi flat iron, iphone cases, nfl jerseys, mac cosmetics, nike roshe run, gucci, babyliss, nike air max, soccer shoes, asics running shoes, beats by dre, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, converse, abercrombie and fitch, hermes belt, hollister, reebok outlet, new balance shoes, ralph lauren, longchamp uk, jimmy choo outlet, lancel, timberland boots, louboutin

oakleyses said...

canada goose outlet, pandora uk, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, toms shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg uk, moncler uk, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, wedding dresses, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, ugg, moncler, hollister, thomas sabo, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, replica watches, swarovski crystal, supra shoes, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, swarovski, links of london, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, marc jacobs, doudoune moncler, canada goose jackets, pandora charms

yanmaneee said...

balenciaga
hermes belt
kyrie 7 shoes
longchamp
nike off white
birkin bag
yeezy 350
golden goose sneakers
hermes birkin
yeezy 700