I feel like I have been so busy recently that I haven't had the time to just relax... thank goodness I was able to go away a few weeks ago to carmel. I had a week to just relax with my family. It made me think about the things about myself I wanted to work on... but then again... It also made me think of my flaws that I don't want to change. All of the little things that might not be perfect, but that make me who I am. Which kind of made me laugh... I have never been someone who has strived for perfection. I have strived to be different. I hate cookie cutter. I am not into new construction, the white picket fence lifestyle is not something I want... unless there is a messy art studio in the back and dirty laundry in the mud room.
I love that about myself... so I have decided to do an entire post on... All my favorite flaws- because perfect is boring.
1. My desk will never be clean. My coffee mug will always be dirty and there will always be an extra pair of flip flops strew about under my desk. My papers are at best 70% organized and its good enough for me!
Imagine it like this... only after an earthquake...
2. The dent in my car. I have a 2007 red ford escape. Someone hit the back of the car the summer I bought the car (2007) and I STILL haven't fixed it. I have grown accustom to saying "its the red ford escape with the Sun Valley sticker and the dent in the back".
3. I love solitude. Some people would call this a flaw. Sometimes I will take a month off from being social. I workout more, I hike, I read, I get caught up on whatever showtime historical drama they are featuring (was the Tudors... now the Borgias). Its the best! I own a shop in a small town... my job is very social. Its nice to go home at the end of the day and be alone... or just throw on my yoga pants and grab a pizza at Mezza Luna (the pizza place below my apartment) with Matt.
4. I laugh at inappropriate moments. I cant help it. Its usually when people are arguing in public or in the middle of dealing with a crisis. At times when people are already really irritated that little voice in my head goes off "whatever you do... DONT LAUGH" and then I am done for.
I would like to take this time to apologize to my family and friends who have encountered this... Mostly my mother... and a few sorority sisters- you know who you are and I love you for putting up with me. :)
5. I am hopelessly addicted to caffeine. Everyone already knows this. I go from moody to serene in a matter of a single sip of a cappuccino. I have a problem... I get it. But until they build some kind of a spa like rehab facility for a caffeine addiction I don't plan on doing anything about it... and even then I will probably relapse.
this brings me to my next favorite...
6. I...at any given point, will have no less than 10 empty starbucks, allan bros, dutch bros, etc coffee cups in the back of my car.
More character for the spicy escape with the dent in the back.
... or just throw them in the back of my car... its fine.
7. I can't really grasp the concept of efficient grocery shopping. Its like deer in the headlights when I am at the store and I just start pulling things that look good... Toward the end of the week I end up having meals that don't go together... such as tacos with steamed asparagus and asian ginger salad or Chicken parm with veggie fried rice.
I am such a planner... but I just cant get it together.
8. I am easily distracted. I love this one because I am never bored! I mean you may have to snap your fingers in front of my face when we are trying to focus on something that is time consuming (and well... boring). But other than that... It really doesn't effect me. I am going 10 different directions at once at work all the time anyway... things are NEVER boring there and I am constantly working on new things so it almost caters to my ADD-esque lifestyle.
(Goldfish on average have a 15 second memory span and are easily distracted by shiny objects...
I can relate)
Thats all I can think of... but make no mistake there are plenty I need to change as well. But who wants to focus on the negative??
What are your favorite flaws??