1. Fabric Headboards: I am loving this luxe look! I actually just bought myself a new fabric headboard for my bedroom (photos to come!). Its such a great way to spruce up your bedroom! Mine is a white shantung silk high arch fully upholstered headboard.
I am so excited for this to arrive. Fabric headboards have been a luxury item from the beginning and continue to be a fabulous addition to any place big or small!
2. Burrito Bowls: These have been a favorite of mine for a WHILE. However, now that bikini season is right around the corner - beans, brown rice, and lean protein have officially become my new best friend. Throw in these some yummy spices, grilled veggies, and avocado. SO YUMM!!!
3. Local beatnik restaurants and theaters: (yes i did just use the term beatnik... love it) More specifically one particular Eugene hot spot, The David Minor Theater. Maybe one of the coolest ideas for a theater in Eugene. Named after a local young man who died in a tragic accident, David Minor was very into theater and it was built in his honor.
Not only is it less expensive than a regular megaplex, but they have turned the theater into a bar. They serve beer, wine, and also have a full menu of food that is provided by the 4 restaurants across the street from it (ie mini pizza and salad fro Granary Pizza Company, Mac and Cheese from the Lucky Noodle, and burgers and fried from Cornucopia grill).
Of all these things they do nothing compares to the awesomeness that is "Text a Beer". You send a text to the provided number that says your name, theater number, and what you want off the menu. Within 5 to 20 minutes they bring you your order. How amazing is that?
This has become a staple for date nights with Matt... also its 3 blocks from his apartment/my office!
4. Mod Cloth! My new favorite website for party dresses!! They are so darling... I only wish I had found it before. Also incredibly reasonable and has a ton of wonderful brands all vintage styled. They only carry dresses that have a vintage look to them. So unbelievably darling!! Here are a few samples of the ones I love!
I mean seriously! How cute are these dresses??!!!
5. Perfect Couples: Its such a cute show!! For those of you who haven't seen it... its on NBC at 8:30 on Thursdays before The Office. Not only is it hilarious, but it takes place in Portland OR... I mean of course I love it :)
Give it a whirl! Its so darling!!
6. Iced Tea: Again... something that I have always loved. However given the recent scary studies coming out about the dangers of drinking copious amounts of Diet Coke, I have decided that its time to switch to something healthier. So I have gotten hooked on Trader Joe's Kettle Brewed Unsweetened Black Iced Tea. It is so yummy and while I was drinking it with sugar for a while, I have gotten used to the fact that it isn't sweet. Given my intense love of caffeine... I needed something with a boost! So that is my new fabulous daily drink of choice!
7. Spring Flowers! The conclusion of February means the coming of Spring... and even though it SNOWED today... I bought a bouquet of flowers the other day for my apartment. It is helping me through the last few weeks left of winter! So ready for the sun to come out!!!
Those are my picks for February!